“You must always be awaggle with love.” ~ D.H. Lawrence
~ With advance apologies to Tea S. Eliot, Elizabeth Barrett Brewing and William Shakespour.
1. To tart or not to tart, that is the question.
Reasons for not making fruit tarts:
- Pesky little tart pans
- Stirring vanilla cream in nippy kitchen
- Finicky pastry dough
- Locate pretty fruit in the dead of winter? Oh, come on.
Reasons for making fruit tarts:
- Len loves them. Cornelius loves them. I love them. What person in their right mind doesn’t love them?
- It’s Valentine’s Day.
- Beloved blog readers might be impressed that
an adorablea self-sacrificing writer stood in an icy kitchen for hourssome minutes stirring, stirring the vanilla cream and whipping finicky pastry dough into shape after walkingflying to Chile to pick fresh berries.
- Good excuse to buy a new tartlet baking set.
In the room the women come and go,
Talking of rolling pie dough.
* * *